Tuesday, January 27, 2009

18 months old!!


Grace Nicole and Ava Louise are 18 months old today!! Can you believe how fast it goes?! They went to the doctor today for a check up and didn't have to get any shots!! YEAH! They did have to get their finger pricked to check for anemia. They didn't even cry and I was in shock. I was holding Ava down ready for the fall out and there wasn't one. She gave the nurse a look like "that hurt jerk!" so that was funny. The results were good.
They are little sponges just absorbing everything they hear or see. They repeat anything that comes out of Derek and I's mouths so we have to be very careful. Last week, I told Ava to get down from the stairs and Grace rolled her eyes and looked at Ava and said "GET DOWN!" hahaha! It's so hard not to laugh. I told Grace "I'm the Mom, thanks for your help but I can handle it." She is a mess!
The girls have several words in their vocab. Emi just taught them her name and the word "oval" this past weekend. When they get out of the bath we put their ducky towels on them and ask them "what does a duck say?" They shake their head back and forth and say "cack cack"!! They both are good at telling you when they have a dirty diaper. Grace will point to her booty and say "caca". Sometimes she gets confused and it's only a toot instead of something deadly! hahaha! Ava will sometimes look at you and say "poop". It's hilarious!! They are so smart!
They love any kind of casserole, spaghetti, mac n cheese, bananas, waffles, turkey hot dogs and pot roast with carrots and potatoes. Derek and I are lucky we have children that love to eat and they'll eat all types of food. They definitely aren't picky!

The results are in....Ava is in the lead!



GraceAva
weight:24 lbs 10 oz24 lbs 12 oz
height:32.8 inches33 inches
head:18.3 inches18.3 inches


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the update on the blog...the outfits mom gave them love adorable! Tell them Auntie Em says hi from the other side of the ice today!