Us, Pate family and Quince family all met at the Quince house Saturday morning for a day of fun and hanging out with kiddos. Gyasi and Julie made brunch and everyone scarfed that down!! Pancakes, turkey sausage and bacon, hashbrowns and eggs was the menu. Amre went down for a nap as soon as brunch was over so we entertained the girls and the Quince twins while he slept. After his nap, we headed to the park just down the street. Julie brought her fancy camera to take some photos of all the kiddos/families. I really wanted pictures of the girls in their peacoats for a fall photo and Julie wanted to practice using her camera. Win-win!! (Photos below are the ones I took. Julie has some on her blog if you want to see the good ones.)
The kids had a blast playing at the park and did really well taking photos. When we got back it was nap time for the girls. We just played with Amare, Adrian and Julius while they slept. Derek and I brought stuff to make dinner. We grilled chicken and made sandwiches, chips/dips, pasta salad and guac. YUM! We ate good the whole day! The girls and Amare colored while we got dinner ready. That made it a lot easier since they were trapped in their highchairs.
The twins are only 6 months so they don't move. After dinner we watched the Hawkeye game against Michigan State. Very close game and we won in the last 2 seconds. It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I was running around the whole house and woke up the twins. Poor guys! Amare and the girls were cheering I...O...WA!!!!!!!!! I love it!! They also thought it was hilarious to crawl into Julius' crib and jump. Geez!
We got them singing the ABC's too!
The girls were exhausted by the time we got in the car to go home. They didn't even make it back to the highway. ha!
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment