
The girls are growing up so fast and every day seems to go faster. I swear I'm going to blink and they'll be off to college. They're so busy and never stop talking. They continuously ask questions over and over until you answer and acknowledge them. I would say they're officially potty trained as of February. They still have the occasional accidents but they go to the potty and even just go by themselves or tell us. It's so nice not having to buy diapers. They still wear a pullup to bed but they rarely wet it. I need to switch to panties soon.
Ms. Kathy keeps them busy at daycare with reading, writing, spanish, crafts, learning 911 and playing outside. I still make lunches on Fridays for them. Usually they get peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, applesauce, fruit snacks, cheez-its. They have to have a sandwich and a half cause they're pigs!!
About Grace......
Age - 2 1/2 years old
Loves - "Ogurt" as she calls it, any kind of meat, playing in her sand box, swinging, her Daddy, Dancing with the Stars, Ki-lan, Dora, reading books, Boom Boom Pow by Black Eyed Peas, singing songs
Dislikes - getting her hair done, nap time, bed time
Weight - 33lb
Height - over 36" - I need to measure.
About Ava......
Age - 2 1/2 years old
Loves - Chocolate pudding, broccoli, playing outside on the slide, princess game on the iphone, shaking her booty to Boom Boom Pow by Black Eyed Peas, bike rides, Cat and the Hat movie, following her Daddy around and helping fix things (we call her 'little engineer'), her little brown blankie and Dora
Dislikes - when Grace picks on her, not getting to play with the iphone, timeouts
Weight - 33lb
Height - over 36" - I need to measure but she's at least a half inch taller then Grace.
Couple stories...
"No one wants to ride with Momma"
When Derek is home we go on bike rides with the girls. The first time we went Ava rode with me and Grace rode with Derek. Ava just sits back there and enjoys the ride. I ask her "Ava, are you ok?" She replys "yep!" So the next night, Grace rides with me and Ava rides with Derek. Grace did not stop talking from when we left the driveway til we got home. She says "Momma, I don't see a bunny. Do you see a bunny? When can we see a bunny? I like puppies. Can we see a puppy? Where is the puppy? Momma, there is an airplane. Do you see the airplane?" the entire ride. I'm not sure when she takes a breath. Well now the girls have to take turns riding on Derek's bike because no one wants to ride with me. They argue who gets to ride the blue bike, which is Derek's bike. What a mess!
"Airplane!"
Last night before bed I told the girls they get to ride an airplane in June. They starting screaming and jumping up and down so excited. "Yeah airplane!" I asked them "Do you know where we're going? We're going to Iowa. What is in Iowa?" Ava replies "Hawkeyes!" Then she says "Momma, I can wear hawkeyes on the airplane." She runs to her dresser and grabs 2 yellow hawkeye tshirts and says "I wear these Hawkeyes on the plane!!" I definitely have them brainwashed! I told them about who is riding on the plane with us, "Emi, Bailey, Tutu, Daddy and Momma". Ava says "We're going to see Papa Lloyd." Very random but she knows I guess. I went through all the names of who we were going to see and Grace says "I love Grandma Nettie." haha! They just crack me up acting so grown up. I didn't even tell them we were going to a wedding and they could dance the night away. Geez, they'll be even more excited.
6 years ago
2 comments:
LOVE this post! These are the stories and things you will want to look back on. I had to laugh about Grace chatting it up on the bike--why can i totally see that happening?!? LOVE these little ladies! :)
What a great post! I love hearing those cute stories and seeing their likes and dislikes! Makes me feel like I actually know them :)
Post a Comment