Friday, June 4, 2010

5 years ago today....


I married my best friend! Derek and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary today! We both took the day off to just hang out together. The morning we spent the time pampering ourselves with massages, manicures and pedicures. We had lunch at Cristina's and then came home to exchange gifts. Derek got me the most gorgeous "past, present, future" ring! So unexpected and gorgeous!!! I am very impressed with the fact that he came up with that idea on his own, picked it out by himself and then kept it a secret from my family. He is such a big mouth! I got him an iPad and a subscription to wine.com. He hasn't put the iPad down since he got it. The wine.com club sends him 2 bottles of red wine a month for 3 months. If he likes it then we can sign up for another 3 months.
We left to shop in Allen but soon got a phone call that Grace wasn't feeling well. After talking to the nurse, she suggested we bring her in to get checked out. Mom was already on her way to pick them up so we just met her at the doctor. A little pitstop at Dr. Nail's, Grace is fine, Mom took the girls home and we went to dinner at Mac Grill. After dinner we went to see Iron Man 2 at the movie theater. That never happens!
All in all, it was a great day! I enjoyed having Derek all to myself without 18 phones going off.

2 comments:

Quince Family said...

Awwww, five years ago was the best wedding EVER! You guys are an amazing couple and it is obvious that your marriage is strong and has a wonderful foundation. I'm so glad you had a great day and got a chance to spend it with each other. Love you both!

Washington Family said...

fabulous! and super awesome gifts to one another...wow! yes, that one:one quality time is very important. i took that for granted before kids....it's hard to come by...love to you both. very happy for you! -pen