We woke the girls up singing Happy Birthday to You!! They bounced right out of bed this morning. Which worked out well since we had photos with Melissa. They wore new dresses they got for their birthday and looked so stinking cute. I absolutely love their hair done this way. One of the daycare teachers twisted it up for me.


After photos, we grabbed breakfast and then headed to Legoland!! They knew all week there was a special Birthday surprise after photos. They saw the sign and said "Are we at our birthday surprise?" They were so excited!!
Per Grace and Ava, favorite part of Legoland was the 4D movie. We had to wear special glasses. The girls were funny to watch cause they had their hands up trying to touch the objects coming off the screen.
The section "miniland" was really cool cause it was all of Dallas' famous landmarks made out of legos. I liked this part. They even had a Dirk and his trophy.
Luckily, we got there early enough we didn't have to wait in line for the rides. This ride was fun cause you had to pedal and then it would lift you in the air. The girls really liked it.
They enjoyed the princess area which had a karoke section. The microphones and guitar are made out of legos.
There is a huge playarea with a slide and that is where most of their time was spent. They have a section of it to play with huge soft legos. Grace liked that part.
If you know my children, then you know where we went for Birthday lunch!! CHICKFILA!! Those girls can't get enough of that place! We were sitting at the table eating and I asked the girls if they were having a fun birthday. Ava says to me "ya, but I am a little tired." Seriously, best news ever!!! hahaha! We had planned on going to see Cars 2 but once we got in the car they fell asleep. We just went home and took naps.
Later Tutu, Papa, Grannie, Poppy, Emily and Chris came over for dinner, cake and presents. We made tostadas since those are the girls favorite dinner right now. The girls couldn't take waiting to open presents any longer so we did presents right after dinner. They kept asking over and over "is it time for presents?" hahaha!
They got so many awesome gifts!! They were super excited about their "tickets" which is what they call money. Tutu got them Rapunzel wigs and once Grace got hers on she never wanted to take it off. She kept brushing her hair and looking in the mirror. She definitely thought she was a princess with her long, flowing blonde hair. She would flip it back and forth and then strike a pose for us. I swear I was watching that show "Toddlers and Tiaras"....a little crazy!
Papa bought them Iowa Hawkeye basketball uniforms. OMG, I want one!! They look so cute in black and gold.
The bouncy balls came from Emi and Chris. I think this gift is more to torture Derek and I. Wish they were bigger so we could use them. FUN!
Grannie and Poppy got them clothes, shoes, brushes for their dolls and purses.
Derek and I got them new dresses and luggage. They had to roll them around the house and try them out. They will be so fancy when we leave for VA in August.
Such a great day with the girls and then with the family! Ended it with ladybug cupcakes and ice cream. Happy Birthday to my 4 year old little girls, who aren't so little anymore. Love you!!
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment