Sunday, August 25, 2013

August - alabama. no training wheels. meet the teacher.

August was a big month!!  We had a play date with Keegan, Grace's BFF.  We enjoyed a picnic lunch at the pool.  Keegan wanted to layout so Ava decided to join her.  I guess she isn't brown enough!  We had a fun day.




We went to Alabama to see cousins.  On the plane ride there, Grace sat with Derek and I sat with Ava.  Derek started talk to the lady next to him and said Grace's twin sister was sitting in the row ahead.  The lady said "she is so brave."  Not realizing I am the Mom and she is sitting with me.  So the running joke was Derek calling me "Nanny Aly".  In the summer, my kids don't look like they belong to me but let me tell ya people those two little babies came out of my pale skinned, blonde hair and blue eyed body!!!  Yes, they are mine!


 Nik and the kids picked us up at the airport then we headed to lunch.  
 Yes, this is how we parent.  
 We went to see Planes on opening day.  It was a really cute movie and the kids loved it.
 Enjoying Nik and Chad's park 


On the Summer Bucket List, the girls wanted to learn to ride their bikes without training wheels.  Well on August 15th, they both rode their bikes with no training wheels.  It's official.  It took Grace about 2 tries and she was off.  I had to work with Ava for about an hour before she got it.  She cried a little because she was scared to fall.  I ran next to her holding her seat until she finally just took off.  Great workout for me.


On the 22nd, we went to school for Meet the Teacher!  Can you believe these two will start the first grade on Monday?!  Insane how fast they have grown up and how fast the summer went.  Grace has Addison in her class and Ava has Keegan in her class.  Swappin' BFF's for the year.


 Addison and Ava back together!
 Love these two together!  I see lots of trouble in their future!

Here is our Summer Bucket List and we checked off 98% of them.  I'm so proud of the girls and I for accomplishing most of this list.  This summer was new for all of us and we adjusted well.  The last week of summer was long because we were sick of each other.  Good thing School starts Monday!!

0 comments: