Monday, April 27, 2009

21 months old today!!

I was driving home today and looked at my blackberry and saw that it said April 27th and it clicked, the girls are 21 months today!! It's crazy to me how fast this has gone but I'm so glad I have my blog to go back and read post from when they were born. It's hilarious to see how I thought that was hard but all they did was lay there. haha!! I guess I better start planning a birthday party! ha! They are so busy and such little girls now instead of babies. They are saying things like "Where dada?", "Where go?", "Get down", "Open this", "Go outside". I couldn't figure out for the life of me what they meant when they said "Otis", or at least that's what it sounded like to me. They were saying "hold this". They have 2 word phases down great! I love how they say please and sorry. It's more like "peez" and "sowry". I love that Ava knows her Grandma's drink coffee. She points to it and says "foffey". Too cute! Everything they see on the ground that is gross to them they yell out "eeewwww, caca". So far everything they see is gross and caca to them. haha! They point out things and say what it is or who is it. So we take attendance at the table and point to people and ask who it is. They love that game.
As for food, they eat everything. Grace is a meat lover and will eat her and Ava's meat at meal time. Ava is my veggie girl and will eat every ones vegetables. They are usually trading each other's food on their plates. They love grapes and applesauce.
They love to be outside at all times. They beg to go out and then don't ever want to come in. Derek bought them a sandbox but it's a cart and they love that thing. They could play with that for hours. It has a little umbrella attached so when it's really sunny they can play in the shade. We can't wait to take them to the pool. That will make for a very fun summer.
We are still trying to potty train. Mrs. Mary is still trying at daycare and we do as much as we can on the weekends. My tolerance is only so much and when they're ready they'll let me know. We just want to have fun while they're still little so we're enjoying every minute with them.
My favorite nights are Mondays because we watch Dancing With The Stars and turn up the volume and dance around the living room. We do it right after bath and right before bedtime. That is when they are the most fun! It's a lot more fun for me when Derek is here to hold one. Cause when he's traveling then I'm holding both. They are HEAVY! They run up to you when they see DWTS on tv, grab your hand and pull on it and say "dance". It's cute!
Here are some photos from tonight....



1 comments:

Cristina said...

21 months old...how time flies! Love the pic of them in the clothes basket!