Wednesday, August 29, 2007

1 month doctors visit 8-29-07

From today. Ava is scared because she knows she is going to see Dr. Nail Ava in her swing 8-27-07
Grace in swing 8-27-07

Took Grace and Ava to the doctor today for their one month checkup. They are getting so big! Grace is now 7lbs 7oz and 20.3" long. Her head is 13.8" around. Ava is now 7lbs 8oz and 19.8" long. Her head is 14" around.
I found out today what I thought was a HUGE bruise on Ava's right hip is called a mongolian spot. I googled it and this is what it says: "These flat birthmarks can be deep brown, slate gray, or blue-black in color. They do sometimes look similar to bruises. They are most common on the lower back and buttocks. At least one Mongolian spot is present on over 90% of Native Americans and people of African descent, over 80% of Asians, over 70% of Hispanics,and people of African descent, over 80% of Asians, over 70% of Hispanics, and just under 10% of fair-skinned infants. Mongolian spots are nothing more than dense collections of melanocytes, the skin cells which contain melanin, the normal pigment of the skin. Mongolian spots are present at birth, and most of them fade (at least somewhat) by age two. " The funny part is Ava has one and Grace doesn't. So I definitely have one of each! haha! Doctor thinks they're doing so good and erased "premature" off their charts since they're such PIGS!

6 comments:

melissa said...

Aly they are gorgeous!! Can't believe how big they are! Hope you are enjoying every minute!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I have the most precious nieces in the entire world!!! Piglets with big heads...I think they are definately related to me! haha!

Anonymous said...

Wow I can tell just from the pictures that they are bigger!
Looking good though =)

Casey

Anonymous said...

They are adorable!! Thanks for the info on the Mongolian spot, Gabe has one on his lower back and I was going to ask the doctor about it in a few weeks...interesting.
Sarah

Anonymous said...

They are adorable!! Thanks for the info on the Mongolian spot, Gabe has one on his lower back and I was going to ask the doctor about it in a few weeks...interesting.
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Ok, my computer went a little crazy and my comment posted several times...SORRY!!