Friday, November 21, 2008

We have tubes!

Derek, the girls and I had to be at the surgery outpatient place at 6:30am today. The girls did great! I took Ava back and she got a nasal spray to calm her. We sat there for about 5 minutes and then she went back for surgery. I went to the waiting room while Derek took Grace back to get a nasal spray.
By the time Derek got done with Grace, Ava was done with surgery. The doctor came back to tell us about Ava. She did good and her ears were BAD! The doctor had to use a more powerful suction to get all the thick fluid out and then put the tubes in. She was good after anesthesia but had to cry a little. She was very clingy to me so I enjoyed every minute.
Grace did awesome as well. Her left ear had thick fluid and her right ear just had a little fluid. She was so groggy coming out of anesthesia. She wouldn't wake up. She was so sleepy. We finally got some apple juice down her and we left around 8:30am. They did so good and weren't cranky much at all.
Thanks for all the thoughts today. Here is a picture of us on our way to the surgery....pre-tubes!

3 comments:

Dru's mom said...

They will be different girls! I'm so glad that we did tubes for Dru. Good luck!

Quince Family said...

Yea for the girls! I agree with Dru's mom--it is was a life altering thing for Amare. He is a much happier kid without all of the ear drama. He hasn't had one ear infection since his surgery in August. I'm glad they did so good! And you guys did good as parents--I know it was a little stressful.
Much love,
The Quinces

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize the girls were getting tubes. Gabriella got tubes in too and she did great, never got another ear infection while the tubes were in.