Sunday, March 8, 2009

{first weekend of potty training}

Derek and I are exhausted. It's been a crazy, busy weekend. Saturday, was a long day with many trips to the bathroom. Ava is really starting to get it and she'll say "boo boo" before she goes so you can get her in there just in time. So that is working out great. She still had a couple accidents but for it being her first week, the fact that she tells you she has to pee is great! We're still working on Grace. I have a jar of M&Ms to help bribe her.
Sunday, was a long day because Ava would not pee in the morning and she ended up going in her pants. Grace went pee pee in the potty 4 times today! That is awesome for her. She was finally catching on and I think it was the M&M's. At dinner, they both peed in their highchairs and there were huge puddles under their chairs. Derek and I just looked at each other and busted out laughing. We finally got them to bed and we're just glad we can drop them off at Mrs. Mary's again tomorrow. She has the worst part. We are finally sitting down after doing laundry, dishes, cleaning the bathroom and mopping the floor.
This weekend was a good one for the girls. I think they will catch on quick if we keep up the hard work. Now for Derek and I, our sanity is definitely being tested. Now you know why I didn't answer the phone if you called. I was stuck in the bathroom!!!

2 comments:

Dru's mom said...

Way to go Ava and Grace! You are getting to be such big girls!!

Washington Family said...

wow!! potty training!!! yea! that's GREAT, aly!! proud of you...and of the girls. cracking up at miss grace....m&m's?! :) funny stories...love it!