We have officially started potty training! Mrs. Mary sent me an email Monday and said "we don't have anymore diapers so let's start with panties." So as of Tuesday we are using panties and using a potty. Derek was gone on business this week so I had them myself Tuesday and Wednesday night. Let's just put it this way....I know why people only have 2 kids and stop. I was not prepared for this and I'm not sure if that's good or bad. The girls are doing fine and they are doing exactly what they should but I should have read up on this and what to expect.
Tuesday wasn't horrible. We got home and they pee'd in their pants all evening. What do we expect on the first day though. They did great for just sitting on the potty.
Wednesday morning I dropped them off and got a call from Mrs. Mary that Ava went peepee in the potty! YEAH Ava!! They were both dry through nap time and got up and both went peepee in the potty! Yeah! I'm thinking to myself "this is great and they're getting it". Just wait...it gets better. So I pick them up from daycare and when we get home I see they both have pee'd in their car seats. Then during dinner they both pee'd in their highchairs. OMG! This is not fun! I seriously think someone is trying to punish me. I finally bathe them and get them in bed. HELL YES we're using overnight diapers at night time - I'm not that fricken dumb. On a normal night I would be done and just have to do dishes and then get to sit down and breathe. Wednesday night was definitely not that. I had to undo my car seats to wash those. Then finish washing the nap mats and underwear Mrs. Mary gave me from the day. Then clean up the pee sitting in the highchairs and on the floor. Then to top it all off, Derek calls and says "How was your day?" HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
The rest of the week went better since Derek was home to help. He got them in the morning, just like he always does. Then we were both there in the evening to go back and forth to the bathroom and get dinner ready. I did get an email from Mrs. Mary on Friday that said "Ava: Only peepee once on herself. Woke up dry and went peepee and poopoo in the potty. Grace: No improvements since yesterday but its ok. She’s Gracie. We still love her and her smile." OMG...I was laughing so hard when I got this. Ava is getting it but Grace is such a princess still. haha!
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment