Monday, August 23, 2010

Emler ROCKS!

Tonight starts an 18 week semester for swim lessons at Emler. After watching the girls tonight with the swim instructor this is worth all the money we're paying. If you know Grace, she has a very small circle and does not let many people in very quickly. The swim classes at the Rec Center took her 2 weeks to warm up to the swim instructor and we went twice a week. Tonight, we took the girls in to their swim lane with Ms. E and left to sit behind the glass in the other room. They sat right down on their turtle mat and listened to Ms. E. It was awesome to see. Grace even went right to her when it was her time to swim. Needless to say, we are very pleased and its only the first night.
There are only 4 kids in their group which is good since 2 are mine and they are both A.D.D. They did really well but cried at the end when they found out they only get to go down the slide one time at the end of class. haha! Now they know the rules so it won't hurt as bad next Monday.
They haven't stopped talking about their class and going down the slide and getting m&ms. It's cute and I'm so glad they love it.
Here are some photos from the class.


Ava - ready, set, go....

Grace - ready, set, go....

1 comments:

Beth said...

Yeah! I'm glad it went well. Morgan starts tomorrow on her birthday and I'm nervous about how she'll do without us in the water with her so I'm glad to hear that Grace went right in. We tried it out on Saturday and Morgan loved it and kept saying she wanted to go down the big slide but I didn't know if she would actually get to do it. That will be a great birthday treat!