Monday, August 27, 2012

First day of Kindergarten

I got up early so I could shower and be ready for the day before getting the girls up. I went upstairs at 6:30am and bothnof them sprang out of bed with excitement. I was completely caught off guard but so happy they were thrilled. They got dressed in their adorable outfit and I fixed their hair. Then Derek made them breakfast and himself breakfast while I put their lunches together and in their Minnie backpacks. We took first day photos and headed to school. Traffic was crazy and everyone was in their best outfit, just like I remember going to school. Today, we got to drop them off in their classroom. Derek's exact words when we left was "that was uneventful ". And it was...but that is the best part. We prepared ourselves for the worst to happen and the exact opposite happened. We took grace first and she said bye to Ava and off she went with her teacher to find her chair. She was in the back at a table of 5 and in the middle seat. I couldn't of been more proud of her. She sat right down and started coloring with her classmates. I hugged her goodbye and she just smiled and said bye. She barely acknowledged Derek at the door while he was waving to her. Go Grace!! We walked Ava down to her room. She found her seat and started coloring. Ava has been ready for a long time so I haven't been worried about her at all. She is younger by 40secs but sometimes she acts like the big sister being so brave helping Grace. We took hundreds of photos. We stopped by Grace's room and peeked in. She was coloring and no problems. We officially have school aged children. Both of my girls all grown up.

Derek walking his little ladies to school. Love this photo!
Afterschool, we picked them up from the school and they were so excited to see us. They had so much to tell us!! They made new friends, went to lunch and recess and loved their new teacher! There are 2 Ava's in Ava's classroom so Ava is called Ava S. The other Ava is Ava O. Ava told me she made friends with Ava Zero. I said "Ava Zero?!" She said "The other Ava in my room is named Ava Zero." Hilarious! The girl saw O. and thought it was zero and now she will call her Ava Zero for life! haha! Hysterical! I love Kinder stories! Grace said she made no friends but loves her teacher. That is typical Grace. She has to observe first and then she'll decide if she wants to be their friend. Ava told me when she was at after school care that the teacher miscounted and left her in the bathroom. She said she was crying cause she didn't know where anyone was. Poor baby is probably scared for life. j/k. I emailed the director and everything has been worked out. Ava said "even Grace left me!" hahaha!
On a different note, last night we put them to bed and Derek sat in there and talked to each of them. A little daddy daughter time. After a while, Ava told Derek "I think I better get some sleep now.". Derek told me "she just told me to get out. I was having some bonding time and she told me to get out.". When Ava is tired she needs her sleep so get to stepping. Haha. Grace on the other hand would of had a sleepover and talked Derek's ear off. Haha! Love it!

0 comments: