Monday, December 8, 2008

1 little monkey climbing out of her crib....

That monkey would be AVA!!! Yesterday morning, I got up at 8am and no one else was awake so I turned on the tv and folded some clothes. I heard the girls moving around and it started to get louder like the door was open. Then I see this 3 ft tall body peek around the stairs. I about crapped my pants! When I got up to see where Derek was, Ava ran back to the bedroom. Don't worry Derek was snoring away. I am still in shock that she can get out of the crib. I'm not sure why since she can get out of the pack n play but I just thought this doesn't happen til like 2 yrs or something. I thought I had time to think about this...nope!
Needless to say this Sunday we'll be babyproofing the girls room big time. We put a baby proofing lock on their door knob so at least she can't get out of her room if she gets out of her crib. I'm more scared that she'll fall and hurt herself.
If you have ideas...send them my way. Lord help me!

2 comments:

Quince Family said...

Wow...no ideas or suggestions but that's pretty impressive! I mean, she's only 16 months old and already strong/smart enough to escape. I see big girl beds in the not-so-distant future! I've heard of something called a "crib tent" that goes over the top of the crib but I haven't known anyone that has tried it yet. Maybe google it and see what it says?

Dru's mom said...

I've heard that the crib tents work great!! I'm still waiting for my little monkey to climb out of his crib. We have his lowered all the way!! Good Luck!