Thursday, August 13, 2009

2 year checkup


Derek and I took the girls to see Dr. Nail for their 2 year check up appt. Rumor has it that you double your height at 2 years old and that is how tall you'll be as an adult. So I've been keeping my fingers crossed that at 2 years old the girls height would be at least 35 inches. All I can say is....I GOT IT, I GOT IT!!!! YEAH!!
The nurse measured their height laying down on the table and I hate that because the paper moves. Measured on the table, Grace was 36.5" and Ava was 36" and we all know Ava is taller just looking at them. So I told the nurse that I'm being anal about their height and I'd like to do it standing up. So we measured standing up against the wall and Ava is 36.3" and Grace is 35". That is more realistic!
Dr. Nail is very impressed with their vocabulary. He said at age 2, doing 2 word sentences is the norm and our girls are doing full sentences. I can not take credit for that. That is all Mrs. Mary and Mrs. Kathy's curriculum at the day care. They are so good with the kids there.
Results are in....Ava is still in the lead.



GraceAva
weight:27 lbs 9 oz28 lbs 9 oz
height:35 inches36.3 inches
head:18.7 inches18.8 inches


Couple funny stories....
Mrs. Mary called me yesterday to tell me that Ava thought she was running a restaurant. Mrs. Mary told everyone they were having pancakes and eggs for breakfast. Ava told her "I don't want that. I want bacon." Mrs. Mary said they all burst out laughing. I guess Ava thinks there is a menu at Mrs. Mary's. Incase you were wondering, she did not get bacon. haha!
Couple weekends ago, Mom, Dad, Charles, Derek, the girls and I were at the lake. We went for a ride on the boat one morning. Charles wanted to swim so we pulled into a big cove. Grace and Ava were on the back of the boat watching. Ms. Bossy, Grace, started pointing her finger at Charles saying "Charles, get in boat now! 1-2-3 Timeout!" haha! She thought she was really telling him something. She didn't like it that he was in the water and she wasn't so she told him to get into timeout. We were all cracking up!




See the girls grow....
Girls got these horses for their first Christmas, December 25, 2007 at 5 months old. We had to hold them up just to take the photo.

Here they are at 11 months riding on them, 6-29-08. They knew how to ride the horses but couldn't figure out how to push the button to make them sing.

I took this photo on August 4th, 2009, 2 years old. They know how to ride, push the button, flip the horses over to show us where the batteries go. Too smart!

0 comments: