Derek and I had a small party for the girls birthday this year. We wanted to keep it low key with a couple friends and family. The party started at 5pm so I went to get the girls at 4pm. Grannie, Poppy, Tutu, Papa and Emi were already at the house waiting for them so when they came in the door they were so excited to see everyone. The house was decorated with a huge Dora and Diego Happy Birthday sign and balloons. They pointed everything out to us and kept running up to the Birthday sign saying "Dora, Boots, Diego". It was so cute.
Everyone started arriving at 5pm and we had dinner ready to go. We had 'make your own burrito' with rice and guacamole. It was super yummy and worked out perfect for the kiddos. The girls, Brooke, Morgan and Gabriella all sat at the 'kid' table in the kitchen. The rest of us sat in the dining room and the card table. Morgan found her crush, Joe. She went right to him. This is hilarious!
After dinner, we opened presents. The girls were foaming at the mouth to open those so as soon as I said "ok we can start opening presents" they tore into them. They didn't even give me a chance to help organize opening them. It was just too cute! I kind of sat back and watched. Hopefully Derek took good notes of who gave them what presents.




Tutu and Papa gave them each a motorized 4 wheeler. They love those things. Luckily, Emi gave them Dora helmets cause they love to run into the walls so extra padding will be necessary. They pretty much got everything Dora. haha! Grannie and Poppy bought them some toys but their big gift was their comforter and pillow case for their big girl room. I think that was more of a present for ME!! YEAH! Derek and I bought them Dora lifejackets for the boat. We also bought them a portable DVD player for the car. I think that was more of a present for us! Ava had to help Grace with her new lifejacket. Then Tutu helped Ava. Then Morgan wanted to try it on so Brooke had to help her.




By the time we got to cake, the girls weren't too interested cause there were so many toys to play with. They fussed having to get in their chairs so we could sing. They finally got in them and we were able to sing Happy Birthday and blow out candles. I made them a Dora cake and it turned out really cute. Of course it was the darn good chocolate cake!

All in all, it was a great 2nd birthday and they got so many gifts. Thank you to everyone for coming to the party. The girls had a blast and it was definitely a blast for us too! I'm still in shock that I have two 2 year olds running around my house.



6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment