This year has flown by quicker then the first year! They are so grown up and are my little girls now. Derek and I are having so much fun with them! Grace is a champ when it comes time to eat. She gets down and cleans the plate! Ava loves her vegetables and will give Grace the meat on her plate. They both love condiments, ketchup and ranch especially. Their favorite fruits are grapes, watermelon and cantelope. I love watching them stuff as much fruit as they can get in their mouth! We are lucky to have such great eaters. Guese they come by it naturally! haha!
You can't say the words "swimming" or "upstairs" unless you mean it! Cause if the word swimming is said they start to undress themselves and look for a "nemo" (swim diaper) and head to the back door. We have a blow up pool out there for them and they absolutely LOVE IT! If you say "upstairs" then they run to the stairs and start banging on the gate yelling at you. They always want to come upstairs to play since all the big toys are upstairs. They have a tent, tunnels, play kitchen, cars, rocking horses, etc. Derek moved the 53" tv from the lake house so they have their own tv to watch Dora and movies. Oh brother, they're spoiled. First photo of Ava on her birthday
First photo of Grace on her birthday
The girls are talking so much now. The best part was we got to witness the change while on vacation in Iowa. Usually something new will happen and I get a phone call from Mrs. Mary and then see it later. This time the girls started saying sentences (putting 3-4 words together) and I got to call Mrs. Mary!!! YEAH! They sing all kinds of songs. The month of July is filled with birthdays so they have "Happy Birthday to You" down!! I even have them singing it to themselves!!
At Mrs. Mary's they are learning new words everyday. They have learned where 3 states (TX, California and New Mexico) and Canada are located on the map. They get so excited to show us so now we'll have to get a map for their room. I told Mrs. Mary that they need to know where Iowa is. ha! They sing ABC's all the way through and even the part "now I know my ABCs", "twinkle twinkle little star", "wheels on the bus", etc. They can count to 10 in english and spanish. Sometimes I think they're saying more spanish then english cause I can't understand what the heck they are saying. In the mornings on the baby monitor we hear their "twin talk" that we can't understand but they sure do. They have conversations to each other and I look at Derek like "what are they talking about?" haha! It's so cute to just sit and listen to them figure it all out.
The story is that at 2 years of age if you double your height that is how tall you will be as an adult. I'm hoping for 6' girls so they have to be 36" today!! I will measure and see if we made it. Ava is definitely taller then Grace.
Can't wait to enjoy the next year of watching the girls grow up!! It's been a fun ride so far!
Happy Birthday to my Little Girls!! Love you always!
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment