Friday, May 15, 2009

{chocolate chip cookie sundaes}

I left work early on Friday so I can could hang out with the girls at Mrs. Mary's making chocolate chip cookie sundaes. Jazzmyne, Nolan's Mommy, had the idea and invited me to help. She brought the cookie dough and ice cream and I brought all the toppings. We had cherry's, cool whip, chocolate sprinkles, rainbow sprinkles, gummy bears and m&ms.
I got there while the girls were napping so I got to witness what happens when they get up from nap time. It's very exciting. Grace is always the first one to wake up. Of course, she has to wake up Ava! They go straight to the bathroom after nap time to go potty. They sit there til they go or usually 10 minutes. Grace did go potty after nap. Once they saw me it was all over. Think they were like "let's go home!!" haha! I sat with the girls during circle time. Mrs. Mary, Dominga, Mrs. Kathy and Mrs. Charlotte get all the kids singing and dancing and jumping. We sang itzy bitzy spider, ABCs and wheels on the bus. We counted to 10 in English and Spanish. Then Mrs. Kathy did her rendition of Goldie Locks and the 3 Bears. The kids get so into it and know all the hand motions and words. It is so cute!! That was my favorite part.
After circle time, we all went outside to make sundaes. Jazzmyne was busy baking the dough and getting ice cream scooped so all the kids had to do was add toppings. What a mess but it was fun! Grace and Ava had every topping on their sundae. Grace didn't want to eat hers but Ava dove in. They had rainbow sprinkles all over! Grace decided that the sprinkles bowl was her bowl and she was spooning all the sprinkles out. They were everywhere. I got some cute video that I need to upload. What a fun Friday afternoon.


Jazzmyne passing out the sundaes and toppings to all the kids. Sitting at the table on the left with Ava is Madison. On the other side starting at the top is Natalia and Grace then Cooper. Sitting at the table across from Ava is Lulu (Mrs. Mary's little girl) and Nolon (Jazzmyne's son).


Starting on the left and going around the table - Grace, Madison, Ava, Cooper, Lulu and Nolon.


Starting at the top - Natalia, Lulu, Nolon
Here is Grace and Ava with Madison.


Grace isn't so sure she wants to eat that mush! haha! She just thought you put toppings on it. She didn't know the point was to eat it after. haha!


Ava with Mrs. Kathy. Always beggin for food like she didn't just eat her own.


Wiped out! (Natalia, Lulu, Grace, Ava, Nolon)

0 comments: