It was such a great Mother's day! Derek, the girls, Emi and I all spent the night at Mom and Dad's house Saturday so we'd have the whole day to hang out. Derek went to church with his Mom and Chris was in Austin with his family. So in the morning, just the girls went to Walmart to get flowers, pots and potting soil for our patios. We came home and make a quick lunch and ate outside. That was nice since the weather finally cooperated.
Our plan was to get pedicures when the girls went down for a nap but since Dad was working and Derek was with his Mom we didn't have a babysitter. So instead I took a nap!! That was the best nap I've had in a long time. I would say that I could do that every Mother's Day and be happy!!
I told Derek if he cooked dinner that would be his present. So he was very busy grilling and boiling pasta. We had 'make your own' pasta for dinner. We had 3 different sauces, chicken, turkey sausage and shrimp with cheese tortellini, bow tie pasta and rotini pasta noodles. It was super yummy! Emi made an very yummy salad with Chris' Mom's homemade dressing. Another one of my favorites! We ate outside on the patio too. FUN!
The girls playing with the tent Grandma bought at IKEA. It's a cute ladybug.
We tried to get photos with the girls but they weren't in the mood. Here is what we got...not too bad. All in all...very good Mother's Day.
At least we got a good one of Emi, Mom and I on Mother's Day.
The girls got me a dozen yellow roses each and a cute card that they even signed themselves with a little help from Dad.
6 years ago
1 comments:
I agree--naps on Mother's Day (or any other day, really) are the best! I love the pics and it looks like everyone made your day special. I also love the goodies from Mrs. Mary. Glad you had a good day because you definitely deserve it, SUPERMOM! Love ya!
Post a Comment