Monday, December 14, 2009

2 sick girls and one with pneumonia

The girls have been yucky for at least a week now. Coughing, sneezing, runny nose...you know the drill. This past weekend Grace had a fever all weekend. The biggest spike was 101. She looked awful and you could tell she felt awful. She wanted to cuddle with me and that NEVER happens. Trust me, I enjoyed every minute. Monday, I called the doctor and got Grace in. Ava didn't have a fever so I left her at day care. Doctor said Grace has an "outpatient" pneumonia and he prescribed an antibiotic. She has all the symptoms for pneumonia and while listening to her breathing her heard a crackle (his words, not mine) and that is what determined pneumonia. So now I'm keeping an eye on both of them and shoveling meds down their throats. Poor things! She will go back to daycare since the fever has been gone for 24 hours now. She missed Ava today and kept asking where she was. For 2 little girls that always fight with each other, they sure do ask where the other is when they aren't around. haha! Derek said "they're best friends." AWH!

0 comments: