Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday Momma!

I had a really long birthday this year! Derek did a great job surprising me and making sure it was very special! The weekend before my birthday, he flew in Cassie and Paul for a surprise. He made me think we were going to the airport to pick up his cousin for some weird reason. We get there and its Cassie and Paul!!! Mrs. Kathy came over to babysit so the 4 of us went to the bar to watch the football championships. It was fun to hang out with some friends I never see.

Then on my actual day, I had normal Mom duty. Derek missed my actual day because his company has a mandatory week of training in Atlanta every year and this year was the week of my birthday. Mom, Dad, Emi and Chris came over for dinner, presents and cake. Emi made her new recipe, white lasagna, and Mom made pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese icing. SUPER YUMMY!! Opened presents and I got awesome gifts. Derek and the girls bought me a new camera with a super duty zoom. Mom and Dad got me lots of gifts including a bracelet and charm from James Avery. Emi and Chris got me a sticker maker for my scrapbooking. I can't wait til January to use it! My day couldn't have been better. I received many phone calls, texts, FB messages, IMs, etc throughout the day.









Then on Saturday, the 12th, my birthday surprise continued. Derek arranged for my friends to randomly surprise me and take me to various destinations. It was perfect. All he told me was to be ready by 9am on Saturday morning. So at 9am, the doorbell rings and its Mindy and Beth. They took me to breakfast at 5th Street Patio Cafe. I thought that was the surprise but there was much more! After breakfast we went next door to a little boutique to shop. My friend, Tara, comes in the store and I'm thinking "how crazy that we run into each other here" and not thinking "this is part of my surprise". Tara says "ready to go?" I am so confused but say to Beth and Mindy, "will I see you again?" haha! Off I went with Tara, not knowing the destination. We pulled up to a massage place. Derek had arrange massages with 4 of my friends, Tara, Mindy, Beth and Casey. I didn't know Casey was meeting us until the receptionist says "are we still expecting Casey?" That was a very nice surprise. We had an hour long massage and then from there Casey took my to lunch in Grapevine. I knew I had to be at my Mom's house by 2:30p to go get mani/pedi's with Mom and Emi for Emi's birthday so it was good that I was on that side of town. We went to a new mexican restaurant and then my next surprise was Missy and Julie. (photo below - Casey, Missy, Me, Julie)It was a blast to have a nice lunch with 3 ladies I never get to see. We had a great time. Poor Casey had to hear all about our kid stories. Casey dropped me off at 2:30p across the street at the nail salon to meet up with Mom and Emi. That was the end of the car hop! So much fun!! Derek did such an awesome job planning this day for me and coming up with that idea. I got to spend time with my friends and then end up with family.

0 comments: